Q: My game is crashing, what should I do?
If you're experiencing game crashes there are several steps that you can to resolve the issue yourself before contacting the Customer Service team:
- Ensure that the game meets the minimum specifications
- You can find these on the Store page for Dirty Bomb: http://store.steampowered.com/app/333930/
- Verify the Game Cache within Steam
- A full guide on how to do this can be found here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
- Please ensure that any Firewalls/Antivirus applications have exceptions for Dirty Bomb;
- If you are running Bitdefender please disable the "Scan SSL" feature
- Restart your machine
- Take a read of the error message by expanding the "More Info" section, it may be a hardware/windows error not specific to the game
- If you have previously modified any .ini files try deleting them from My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config
- These files will automatically re-generate when the game is launched
- Warning: Doing this will cause all graphics settings and key binds to revert to default
- Feel free to rename your existing .ini files to keep them as backups
Once you have tried all of the above solutions please contact our CS (Customer Service) team, please note that they will need the following information:
- Take a screenshot of any error messages displayed (also you can upload a video and provide a link to it)
- Note down as much information regarding the issue
- What was happening that lead to the crash?
- How did the game was terminated?
- Instantly closed
- Became non-responsive
- Attach a launch.log file, located here by default: %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Logs
- You can sort the folder by 'Date Created' to identify the correct log file easily
- Attach any corresponding .dmp file in the same folder (If the Date Created matches the log file), .dmp files are not created for every type of crash so there may not be one